Lehning's double-double helps Kansas State cruise past MissouriMar 2, 2008 - 1:49 AM MANHATTAN, Kansas (Ticker) -- Shalee Lehning matched her career high with 21 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as Kansas State crushed Missouri, 81-52, in Big 12 Conference play on Saturday.
Kimberly Dietz scored 19 points and Marlies Gipson and Ashley Sweat each scored 13 for the Wildcats (20-8, 12-3), who moved into a first-place tie in the conference with Baylor, which lost earlier to Texas.
Lehning was perfect from the floor, going 7-of-7, and Dietz nailed five 3-pointers for Kansas State, which shot 47.5 percent (29-of-61). The Wildcats reached the 20-win mark for the fifth time in six seasons, and can share their second-ever Big 12 title with a win at Kansas on Wednesday.
Alyssa Hollins scored 15 points and Shakara Jones had 14 and eight rebounds for the Tigers (9-19, 2-13), who shot just 32 percent (20-of-61) and have now lost 12 of 13 contests.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MISSOURI 22 30 52
KANSAS ST (17) 39 42 81 FINAL
Mar 1 4:57 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(17) KANSAS ST 39 HALFTIME
Mar 1 3:49 PM
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Cunningham powers No. 10 Missouri over No. 7 BYU 78-69 Mar 19
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19
- Top seeded South Carolina led by dominating duo in NCAA play Mar 19
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Missouri-BYU Preview Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- No. 22 West Virginia women top Kansas St. in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- Auburn women hold off Missouri 47-45 in SEC second round Mar 3