Wiggins becomes Pac-10's all-time scorerMar 2, 2008 - 11:04 PM PULLMAN, Washington (Ticker) -- Candice Wiggins scored 24 points en route to become the Pac-10's all-time leader in points in seventh-ranked Stanford's 74-52 victory over Washington State on Sunday.
A two-time Pac-10 Player of the Year, Wiggins needed just 15 points to surpass Lisa Leslie's career mark of 2,414 points. The senior guard finished 9-of-14 from the field with five 3-pointers.
Kayla Pedersen had nine points and eight rebounds for the Cardinal (27-3, 16-2 Pac-10), who will enter the Pac-10 tournament on a 15-game winning streak.
Stanford held a 40-23 lead at the half after shooting 52 percent (15-of-29) with eight 3-pointers in the opening 20 minutes.
Katie Appleton scored 17 points and Ebonee Coates added 14 and 11 rebounds for the Cougars (5-24, 2-16), who lost for the fourth time in five games.
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18