Texas downs UAB to finish fifth in Wahine ClassicNov 26, 2007 - 1:52 AM HONOLULU (Ticker) -- Brittainey Raven scored 21 points Sunday to lead No. 22 Texas to a 59-49 victory over Alabama-Birmingham in the fifth-place game of the Rainbow Wahine Classic.
Carla Cortijo had 11 points, seven rebounds and two assists as the Lady Longhorns (4-2) won their second game in two days after dropping their tournament opener to Virginia.
Ashley Lindsey added nine points and a team-high 11 rebounds for Texas, which led at halftime, 31-23. The Lady Longhorns never led by less than three points in the second half.
The Lady Blazers were led by Diamond Rogers, who had a team-high 17 points in addition to seven rebounds. Christon Ingram had 11 points and six rebounds for UAB.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Big 3rd quarter sends Texas over Alabama State 86-42 Mar 20
- Alabama St.-Texas Preview Mar 18
- NM State women breeze by Rio Grande Valley for WAC title Mar 12