Ervin's jumper caps Arkansas' rally over MarquetteDec 31, 2007 - 4:05 AM HANOVER, New Hampshire (Ticker) -- Lauren Ervin's jumper with 13 seconds left lifted No. 23 Arkansas to a 71-69 victory over Marquette in the Blue Sky Classic on Sunday.
The Razorbacks (14-0) trailed by as many as 11 points with under eight minutes to play, and were down, 67-59, with 4:02 remaining.
But Arkansas scored the final six points of the game and held on after Krystal Ellis missed a 3-pointer as time expired.
Ervin finished with 16 points and 16 rebounds and Brittney Vaughn led the way with 17 points for the Razorbacks.
Angel Robinson had 15 points and Svetlana Kovalenko added 14 points and nine rebounds for the Golden Eagles (7-5), who shot 38 percent (27-of-72) from the floor, including 2-of-17 from the arc.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Tennessee women beat Arkansas 68-51 to bolster NCAA resume Mar 3
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- No. 16 Kentucky women beat Arkansas 77-63 Feb 21
- Warlick wins 100th as No. 23 Lady Vols beat Arkansas 75-57 Feb 4
- No. 13 Mississippi State women beat Arkansas 65-55 Jan 31
- Arkansas deals No. 24 Missouri women 64-52 loss Jan 17
- Jackson's 25 leads Arkansas' comeback over Lady Vols 64-59 Jan 14
- No. 7 Mississippi St beats Arkansas 80-55 Jan 10
- Roy's 3 lift No. 2 South Carolina to 85-32 victory Jan 3
- Jenkins, No. 25 DePaul women beat Marquette 91-86 Dec 29
- No. 5 Texas women beat Arkansas in Big 12-SEC Challenge Dec 20
- No. 21 Arizona State defeats Marquette 90-80 Dec 20