Fitz, Marist extend school-record streakFeb 28, 2008 - 5:51 AM JERSEY CITY, New Jersey (Ticker) -- Rachele Fitz collected 24 points and 12 rebounds as 21st-ranked Marist extended its school-record winning streak to 17 games with a 70-57 victory over St. Peter's in a Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference matchup on Wednesday.
Erica Allenspach had 14 points, a career-high five assists and five steals for the Red Foxes (27-2, 17-0 MAAC), who are in the midst of perhaps their best regular season in school history after a shocking trip to the regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament last campaign.
Fitz shot 7-of-10 from the field and 10-of-11 from the free-throw line for Marist, which shot a season-high 52 percent from the field and can go undefeated in the conference with a win over St. Peter's at home on Saturday.
Tania Kennedy scored 14 points for the Lady Peacocks (18-10, 10-7), who were outscored, 35-25, in the first half and could not recover.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53 Nov 27
- Second half surge leads Iowa to tourney win Mar 23
- Spartans deny upset-minded Red Foxes Mar 23
- No. 7 Kentucky thumps Marist Dec 30
- Bonnies bounce Red Foxes in second round Mar 20
- Georgia bows to Red Foxes in first round Mar 18
- Duke punches ticket to the Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Marist weathers Cyclones in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Georgetown beats Marist 62-42 in return to tourney Mar 20
- Marist-Georgetown Preview Mar 19
- Yarde leads Marist over Fairfield, 66-49 Mar 7
- Stevenson scores 32 to lift No. 16 Oklahoma in OT Dec 9