Pedersen, Stanford sink Oregon StateMar 9, 2008 - 7:16 AM SAN JOSE, California (Ticker) -- Kayla Pedersen scored 22 points to lift No. 7 Stanford to a 64-41 rout of Oregon State in the second round of the Pac-10 Conference tournament on Saturday.
Jayne Appel added 19 points, 10 rebounds and four blocked shots for the Cardinal (28-3), who will face UCLA in the quarterfinals.
Stanford shot 50 percent (15-of-30) in taking a 34-18 halftime lead. For the game, the Cardinal committed just eight turnovers.
Brittney Davis was the only player in double figures with 18 points for the Beavers (12-19), who were outscored in points in the paint, 34-18.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2
- Open tryouts to the Final Four: Oregon State's dramatic rise Mar 30
- Beavers celebrate first Final Four, but UConn looms Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26