Texas A&M rolls past MissouriMar 12, 2008 - 10:22 PM KANSAS CITY, Missouri(Ticker) -- Takia Starks scored 18 points Wednesday as No. 12 Texas A&M pulled away for a 65-39 victory over Missouri in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Conference tournament.
Starks, who made 8-of-17 shots, also grabbed nine rebounds in 33 minutes.
La Toya Micheaux added 11 points for the Aggies (24-7), who outscored the Tigers, 36-17, in the second half.
Texas A&M will face Iowa State in the semifinals Thursday. The Cyclones upset No. 15 Kansas State, 66-65, in overtime earlier Wednesday.
Alyssa Hollins scored 11 points to pace Missouri (10-21), which committed 20 turnovers.
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Cunningham powers No. 10 Missouri over No. 7 BYU 78-69 Mar 19
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Missouri-BYU Preview Mar 18
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4