Atunrase sparks Texas A&M to Big 12 title gameMar 14, 2008 - 4:21 AM KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Ticker) -- Morenike Atunrase had 19 points to lead four players in double figures as No. 12 Texas A&M defeated Iowa State, 65-53, in the Big 12 Conference tournament semifinals on Thursday.
Takia Starks scored 15 points and Patrice Reado added 11 for the Aggies (25-7), who will face the winner between No. 17 Oklahoma State and Texas in the championship game on Saturday.
Shooting 47 percent (26-of-60) in the first half, Texas A&M took a 37-25 lead at the half. It was able to hold the advantage thereafter, finishing with just six turnovers.
Alison Lacey scored 15 points and handed out six assists for the Cyclones (20-12), who shot 36 percent (17-of-47).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1