Dynamo-United match postponedJun 5, 2008 - 2:30 AM WASHINGTON (Ticker) -- The match between the Houston Dynamo and D.C. United on Wednesday was postponed by rain.
Major League Soccer will announce on Thursday when the contest will be made up. The game will be replayed in its entirety.
D.C. United (3-7-1) and Houston (3-3-5) were scoreless after 15 minutes, 40 seconds of action before officials delayed the contest. After an 83-minute delay, the match was postponed.
"I think it was better it got canceled, because it wouldn't be nice," D.C. United captain Jaime Moreno said. "You can't play soccer like that."
Houston coach Dominic Kinnear said that the postponement was probably for the best.
"You come in here and it's 'Are we playing, are we not?'" Kinnear said. "You try and keep busy. You always want to play, you don't want the game to be canceled, but looking at what was going on outside and the time it was taking, it's probably the best decision. If there was going to be a goal tonight, more than likely it was going to be on a mistake."
DC UNITED 0 POSTPONED
Jun 4 9:39 PM
- DCU, TFC play to scoreless draw Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- In-form TFC meets East leaders DCU Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Doyle's blast fires DCU past Chicago Jun 24
- United aims for second straight win against Fire Jun 23
- Rolfe's double leads United past Revs Jun 21
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- East rivals tangle as DCU hosts Revolution Jun 19
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- Orlando City ready to tangle with DCU at Cirtus Bowl Jun 12
- Giovinco's brace powers TFC past DCU Jun 6