Sharp-shooting Fever rout SunJun 22, 2012 - 1:11 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Briann January made four three-pointers en route to a career-high 20 points, as the Indiana Fever routed the Connecticut Sun, 95-61, on Thursday.
Katie Douglas added 17 points and five rebounds for the Fever, who bounced back from an overtime loss to Connecticut on Tuesday. Erin Phillips donated 14 points.
Tamika Catchings had 13 points, 10 boards and eight assists for Indiana, which set a franchise record for three-point field goals made in a game (15). Shavonte Zellous also scored 13 points.
Mistie Mims ended with 11 points and five rebounds for the Sun, who fell to 3-1 away from home this year. They were trying for the best road start in franchise history.
Asjha Jones and Kara Lawson donated 10 points apiece for Connecticut, which had three-game winning streak snapped.
- CONNECTICUT: 61
Jun 21 8:51 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 30
Jun 21 7:53 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 21 7:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8