Bird leads Storm past LibertyAug 27, 2012 - 3:22 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Sue Bird had 18 points and 10 assists, leading the Seattle Storm to an 84-66 win over the New York Liberty on Sunday.
Lauren Jackson tallied 16 points and six rebounds and Camille Little added 15 points and eight boards for Seattle, which snapped a three-game losing streak.
Cappie Pondexter scored a game-high 23 for the Liberty, who have lost two straight contests.
The Storm jumped all over the Liberty early, outscoring them 28-9 in the opening frame.
Seattle, which led by as many as 29, shot 50 percent (30-for-60) from the floor.
- NEW YORK: 66
Aug 26 11:00 PM
- NEW YORK: 30
Aug 26 9:56 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 26 9:42 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15