Wauters helps Storm take down SkySep 19, 2012 - 4:28 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Ann Wauters scored 16 points and pulled down eight rebounds as the Seattle Storm took a 75-60 win over the Chicago Sky on Tuesday.
Katie Smith posted 13 points and five rebounds while Ewelina Kobryn added 12 points for the Storm, who had dropped their previous four games.
Epiphanny Prince had 21 points and seven rebounds and Shay Murphy added 12 points for the Sky, who had won four of their last six coming into the game.
The Storm led this game from start to finish as they posted a 26-13 lead after one quarter and a 46-28 lead at the break. They led by as much as 28 points in the contest.
Chicago fell a game behind New York, which lost to San Antonio on Tuesday, for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with two games to play.
- CHICAGO: 60
Sep 19 12:02 AM
- CHICAGO: 28
Sep 18 11:01 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 9:03
Sep 18 10:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Former Seattle star Lauren Jackson announces retirement Mar 31