Lawson, Sun break FeverSep 20, 2012 - 1:18 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Kara Lawson poured in a game-high 23 points and handed out six assists Wednesday as the Connecticut Sun topped the Indiana Fever, 73-67, at Mohegan Sun Arena.
Tina Charles netted 17 points and ripped down 12 rebounds, while Allison Hightower donated 10 points and four boards for the Sun, who have won back-to- back games and clinched the top spot in the Eastern Conference.
Katie Douglas scored 19 points and Tamika Catchings added 15 points in the Fever's third straight loss. At 20-12, Indiana has locked up a playoff berth and currently sits second in the East.
The Sun led by four after one quarter and used a 21-14 second frame to take a 38-27 lead at halftime.
Connecticut never trailed the rest of the way and led by as many as 17 despite turning the ball over 18 times, which led to 22 Indiana points.
- INDIANA: 67
Sep 19 9:05 PM
- INDIANA: 27
Sep 19 8:01 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 19 7:17 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8