Wright, Whalen help Lynx hand Dream first lossJul 10, 2013 - 3:12 AM Minnesota Lynx to a 94-72 win over the Atlanta Dream at the Target Center.
Maya Moore ended with 19 points and Rebekkah Brunson had 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Lynx, who have won eight of their first 11 while handing Atlanta it's first loss of the season.
Angel McCoughtry had 16 points, six rebounds and five assists for the Dream,. who fell to 10-1 this season. Erika de Souza finished with 14 points and 13 boards for the Dream, who were never really in this game.
Leading 29-22 after one quarter, the Lynx put the game away in the second quarter. Moore's jumper midway through the stanza put Minnesota ahead by 13 points, 39-26. Then, Janel McCarville's three-point play with 1:21 remaining before halftime gave the Lynx a 52-35 cushion and the club cruised into the break with a 56-39 lead.
Atlanta never threatened in the second half.
Minnesota guard Seimone Augustus missed the game due to sprained left ankle.
- ATLANTA: 72
Jul 9 11:02 PM
- ATLANTA: 39
Jul 9 9:52 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 9 9:01 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2