Thompson, Little power Storm past struggling SunAug 30, 2013 - 4:31 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Tina Thompson and Camille Little scored 18 points apiece and the Seattle Storm defeated the Connecticut Sun, 78-65, on Thursday.
Thompson also had nine rebounds for the Storm, who have won five of their last six games. Temeka Johnson had 12 points and nine assists while Shekinna Stricklen scored 11 points in the victory.
Tina Charles scored 18 points while Renee Montgomery added 15 for the Sun, who have lost five straight and eight of their last nine games.
Connecticut got the first point of the game, but Seattle took the lead just seconds later and held on to it for the remainder of the game.
By halftime, the Storm had a 40-23 advantage.
The Sun got within 58-49 after scoring 26 points in the third quarter, but were outscored 20-16 in the final period. Little was a perfect 4-for-4 from the field and scored nine points.
- CONNECTICUT: 65
Aug 29 11:56 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 23
Aug 29 10:54 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 29 10:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14