Lynx cruise past StormSep 8, 2013 - 4:57 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Rebekkah Brunson poured in a team-high 19 points as the Minnesota Lynx cruised to a 75-60 win over the Seattle Storm on Saturday.
Seimone Augustus added 14 points and Maya Moore finished with 11 points for the Lynx, who have already clinched a playoff birth. Minnesota holds a 2 1/2 game lead over the Los Angeles Sparks for the top spot in the Western Conference.
Tanisha Wright scored 22 points and pulled down eight rebounds and Shekinna Stricklen scored 12 points for the Storm, who have locked up at least the final spot in the West.
Minnesota raced out to a 21-14 lead after the first quarter and took a 40-33 advantage into the break.
The Lynx shot 50 percent in the third to push its lead to 58-43 and led by as many as 18 in the final frame.
- MINNESOTA: 75
Sep 8 12:00 AM
- MINNESOTA: 40
Sep 7 11:02 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 7 10:15 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15