Jackson, Bird help Storm to back-to-back winsJun 13, 2007 - 2:36 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Lauren Jackson had 19 points and four blocks and Sue Bird added 13 and 11 assists to lift the Seattle Storm to an 81-69 victory over the Chicago Sky on Tuesday night.
Katie Gearlds came off the bench to score a career-high 17 for the Storm, who shot 44 percent (30-of-68) from the field and improved to 3-0 all-time in the series against the Sky.
Seattle has won two straight games since its three-game losing streak.
Trailing, 35-33, in the second half, Seattle took control for good behind an impressive 14-6 burst to close out the third quarter.
The Storm pulled away in the fourth quarter as Jackson, Gearlds and Betty Lennox combined for all the points during an 18-6 run with 5:03 remaining to make it 77-56.
Candice Dupree scored 18 points and Armintie Price had career highs with 17 and 13 rebounds for Chicago, which shot 38 percent (26-of-68) from the field.
CHICAGO 69 FINAL
Jun 12 9:59 PM
CHICAGO 50 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 12 9:28 PM
CHICAGO 35 HALFTIME
Jun 12 8:48 PM
CHICAGO 19 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 12 8:27 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Former Seattle star Lauren Jackson announces retirement Mar 31