Smith lifts Shock over StormJun 21, 2007 - 4:29 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Katie Smith had 23 points and five assists to lead the Detroit Shock to an 87-71 triumph over the Seattle Storm on Wednesday.
Smith shot 9-of-14 from the field and had two steals as the Shock shot 51 percent (36-of-70) and outrebounded the Storm, 36-26.
Deanna Nolan had 18 points and five assists and Cheryl Ford added 10 points, seven rebounds and three steals for Detroit, which has won nine of 10 games to start the season.
Seattle was led by Janell Burse, who scored 21 points on 6-of-10 shooting.
Lauren Jackson was held to a season-low 11 points. She added seven rebounds and two blocks for the Storm, who shot just 39 percent (22-of-57).
SEATTLE 71 FINAL
Jun 21 12:13 AM
SEATTLE 54 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 20 11:45 PM
SEATTLE 35 HALFTIME
Jun 20 11:12 PM
SEATTLE 16 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 20 10:39 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Former Seattle star Lauren Jackson announces retirement Mar 31
- Sue Bird signs multiyear deal with Seattle Storm Feb 16
- Seattle Storm re-sign Clark and O'Hea for 2016 season Feb 2