Robinson leads Monarchs past ShockJun 24, 2007 - 5:30 AM SACRAMENTO, California (Ticker) -- Scholanda Robinson scored a season-high 13 points off the bench and Ticha Penicheiro scored 12 as the Sacramento Monarchs posted an 85-75 victory over the Detroit Shock on Saturday.
Rebekkah Brunson had 11 points and 10 rebounds and Yolanda Griffith added 11 and eight for Sacramento (9-4), which has won three of four and gained a measure of revenge from Detroit.
The Shock beat the Monarchs in five games in the 2006 WNBA Finals, then beat them, 75-68, in Detroit on May 19.
Robinson, who was a perfect 4-of-4 from the field and the free-throw line, scored seven of her total in the second quarter when Sacramento took a 36-30 halftime lead.
Penicheiro had eight points in the final 2:05 for the Monarchs, who shot 45 percent (26-of-58).
Deanna Nolan scored a game-high 23 points and Katie Smith scored 17 for the Shock (10-2), who shot 42 percent (28-of-66) and suffered just their second loss.
SACRAMENTO 85 FINAL
Jun 24 12:16 AM
SACRAMENTO 63 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 23 11:43 PM
SACRAMENTO 36 HALFTIME
Jun 23 10:59 PM
SACRAMENTO 15 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 23 10:32 PM
- Shock overhaul continues with trade for Crossley Apr 14
- Shock send draft picks to Sun for Holt, Black Apr 7
- Shock considering trading draft picks for veterans Mar 31
- Marion Jones signs with WNBA's Tulsa Shock Mar 11
- Marion Jones signs with WNBA's Tulsa Shock Mar 10
- Shock may make move without 2 All-Stars Feb 9
- Kings owner will no longer operate WNBA franchise Nov 20
- WNBA's Detroit franchise moving to Tulsa, Okla. Oct 20
- AP source: Detroit Shock are moving to Tulsa Oct 19
- Fever top Shock, reach first WNBA finals Sep 27
- Fever beat Shock 79-75 to force Game 3 Sep 25
- Zellous, Nolan help Shock beat Fever, 72-56 Sep 23