Jackson's 33 points lead Storm past SkyJun 27, 2007 - 4:29 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Lauren Jackson scored 33 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as the Seattle Storm posted a 94-76 victory over the Chicago Sky on Tuesday.
Betty Lennox scored 12 points and reserves Shyra Ely and Wendy Palmer scored 11 and 10 respectively for Seattle (7-6), which is 4-0 all-time vs. Chicago.
Jackson, who matched her career-high with 35 points vs. the Los Angeles Sparks on Sunday, connected on 11-of-20 shots from the field and nine of 10 from the free throw line for her fifth 30-plus point game in 2007. The 2003 WNBA MVP leads the league in scoring (23.4 points).
The Storm, who led by seven after the first quarter, 14 at halftime and 19 entering the final period, shot 49 percent (31-of-63).
Jia Perkins scored 19 points and Candice Dupree had 18, seven rebounds and four assists for the Sky (6-8), who shot 41 percent (28-of-69) and have dropped three in a row.
SEATTLE 94 FINAL
Jun 27 12:05 AM
SEATTLE 75 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 26 11:38 PM
SEATTLE 43 HALFTIME
Jun 26 11:04 PM
SEATTLE 20 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 26 10:34 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Former Seattle star Lauren Jackson announces retirement Mar 31