Buescher's career-high 27 points lead Silver Stars past StormJul 8, 2007 - 2:36 AM SAN ANTONIO (Ticker) -- Erin Buescher had career-high 27 points and five steals to lead the San Antonio Silver Stars to their third straight win, an 80-73 victory over the Seattle Storm on Saturday night.
Buescher connected on 9-of-15 shots, including 2-of-3 from 3-point range, to best her previous career high of 25 set against Minnesota on June 29, 2006.
The Silver Stars wasted little time taking control of this one, jumping to a 22-14 advantage after the opening quarter. Buescher scored nine points in the period.
Shanna Crossley drained a jumper, then made a shot from the arc as San Antonio grabbed a commanding 42-25 edge at intermission and never looked back.
Helen Darling and Sophia Young each scored 11 points and Vickie Johnson added 10 and seven boards for the Silver Stars, who shot 45 percent (30-of-66) from the field and forced 16 turnovers.
Tanisha Wright scored 23 points and Lauren Jackson added 15, 13 rebounds and two blocks for Seattle, which shot 47 percent (25-of-53).
SAN ANTONIO 80 FINAL
Jul 7 9:58 PM
SAN ANTONIO 58 END, 3RD QTR
Jul 7 9:26 PM
SAN ANTONIO 42 HALFTIME
Jul 7 8:52 PM
SAN ANTONIO 22 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 7 8:26 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14