Fever roll to fifth straight winJul 13, 2007 - 1:26 AM INDIANAPOLIS (Ticker) -- The Indiana Fever are the best team in the WNBA right now.
Tan White came off the bench to score 16 points and Tamika Whitmore added 12 as the Fever topped the New York Liberty, 79-63, on Thursday.
Anna DeForge contributed 11 points for the Fever, who have the league's best record at 15-4 and have won five straight in a single season for the first time in franchise history.
Tamika Catchings, Sheri Sam and Tammy Sutton-Brown each added nine points for Indiana, which has won nine consecutive home meetings with New York.
The Liberty came out strong, opening a 7-1 lead before the Fever pulled away for good with a 22-6 run that concluded the first quarter.
New York (10-9) was led by Janel McCarville and Shameka Christon, who tallied 13 points apiece. Loree Moore added 12 in the defeat.
NEW YORK 63
INDIANA 79 FINAL
Jul 12 9:02 PM
NEW YORK 44
INDIANA 63 END, 3RD QTR
Jul 12 8:36 PM
END 1ST QTR 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
NEW YORK 13 13
INDIANA 21 21 END 1ST QTR
WNBA NEW YORK AT INDIANA
HIGH SCORERS AFTER 1ST QUARTER
NYL - LOREE MOORE 6, JANEL MCCARVILLE 4,
SHAMEKA CHRISTON 3
IND - ANNA DEFORGE 8, TAMIKA CATCHINGS 6,
TAMMY SUTTON-BROWN 4
Jul 12 7:29 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22