Whalen leads Sun to fifth straight winJul 21, 2007 - 1:11 AM UNCASVILLE, Connecticut (Ticker) -- The Connecticut Sun are beginning to shine.
Lindsay Whalen scored 19 points and Katie Douglas added 18 as the Sun defeated the Seattle Storm, 76-58, on Friday.
Asjha Jones contributed 17 points for the Sun, who have a won a season-high five consecutive games.
Connecticut (11-11) trailed 41-37 at halftime but responded with an impressive second half, outscoring the Storm 39-17.
Lauren Jackson had 19 points and 14 rebounds to led the Storm, who have lost five of the last six games against the Sun.
Former University of Connecticut standout Sue Bird scored seven points for the Storm in her first appearance since missing five games due to knee surgery.
Seattle (11-11) has lost three straight.
CONNECTICUT 76 FINAL
Jul 20 8:50 PM
CONNECTICUT 56 0:00 LEFT, 3RD QTR
Jul 20 8:28 PM
CONNECTICUT 37 HALFTIME
Jul 20 7:51 PM
CONNECTICUT 16 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 20 7:26 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14