Taylor helps Mercury continue woes for LynxJul 25, 2007 - 8:15 PM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Penny Taylor scored 30 points and Diana Taurasi added 19 as the Phoenix Mercury crusied to a 103-79 victory over the Minnesota Lynx, whose losing streak reached 10 games.
Cappie Pondexter netted 15 points for the Mercury (14-10), who outscored the Lynx, 32-20.
Taylor shot 9-of-14 from the field, and Taurasi was 7-of-13 from the floor, including 4-of-9 on 3-pointers. Overall, Phoenix shot 34-of-65 from the field, including 10-of-27 from the arc.
Tiffany Stansbury and Seimone Augustus scored 13 points apiece for Minnesota (5-20), which has not won since June 29 at San Antonio. The Lynx continued their poor play Wednesday, shooting just 38.5 percent (30-of-78) from the field.
MINNESOTA 79 FINAL
Jul 25 3:04 PM
MINNESOTA 59 END, 3RD QTR
Jul 25 2:36 PM
MINNESOTA 35 HALFTIME
Jul 25 1:56 PM
MINNESOTA 21 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 25 1:27 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25