Dixon leads Comets past Silver StarsJul 28, 2007 - 2:46 AM SAN ANTONIO (Ticker) -- Tamecka Dixon scored 21 points and Tina Thompson added 17 as the Houston Comets posted a 69-63 victory over the San Antonio Silver Stars on Friday.
Sophia Young scored 15 for the Silver Stars, who lost for just the fourth time in the last 11 games.
Houston (9-17), which has won two straight, led the entire fourth quarter and survived a late run to defeat first-place San Antonio (15-9), which shot just 30 percent (21-of-70) from the floor.
Becky Hammon, who scored 11, pulled the Silver Stars to within 59-55 with 3:41 left in the fourth but Dixon scored Houston's next six points to put the game away.
SAN ANTONIO 63 FINAL
Jul 27 10:08 PM
SAN ANTONIO 45 END, 3RD QTR
Jul 27 9:30 PM
SAN ANTONIO 29 HALFTIME
Jul 27 8:54 PM
SAN ANTONIO 13 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 27 8:30 PM
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Dearica Hamby scores 15 points, Stars beat Storm 59-58 Sep 13
- Stars-Storm Preview Sep 12
- Odyssey Sims scores 27, Shock clinch West's third seed Sep 8
- Stars-Shock Preview Sep 7
- A week to go and the Eastern Conference is still tight Sep 7
- Brittney Griner scores 22 points, Mercury beat Stars 82-52 Sep 5
- Mercury-Stars Preview Sep 5