Jackson scores 4,000th career point as Storm rout FeverJul 28, 2007 - 4:41 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Lauren Jackson became the youngest player to score 4,000 career points as the Seattle Storm rolled to an 89-75 victory over the Indiana Fever on Friday night.
Jackson joins Lisa Leslie, Tina Thompson, Sheryl Swoopes and Katie Smith as the only players in league history to reach the impressive milestone. The 26-year-old Jackson, who now has 4013 career points overall, accomplished the feat in just 209 games.
The 6-5 Australian native reached the milestone with 6:13 to go in the second quarter with a turnaround baseline jumper as the Storm built a 30-22 lead.
Jackson finished with 27 points, 13 rebounds and two steals as Seattle returned home after enduring a dismal 1-3 four-game road trip. The former MVP is coming off a 47-point outburst in Tuesday's loss at Washington.
Betty Lennox scored 14 points and Iziane Castro Marque added 13 for the Storm, who shot 50 percent (31-of-62) from the field and forced 22 turnovers.
Anna DeForge netted 12 and All-Star Tammy Sutton-Brown and Tan White both chipped in 10 for Indiana, which shot 44 percent (29-of-65).
SEATTLE 89 FINAL
Jul 28 12:10 AM
SEATTLE 78 END, 3RD QTR
Jul 27 11:40 PM
SEATTLE 50 HALFTIME
Jul 27 11:00 PM
WNBA INDIANA 16
SEATTLE 26 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 27 10:36 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14