Liberty hold off Lynx to end losing streakAug 3, 2007 - 1:59 AM NEW YORK (Ticker) -- Cathrine Kraayeveld scored 16 points and Janel McCarville added 14 to lead the New York Liberty to a 71-66 victory over the Minnesota Lynx on Thursday.
Kraayeveld scored eight points in each half for New York, which snapped a seven-game losing streak with its first win since July 8 against Sacramento.
The streak was the second longest in franchise history behind an 11-game skid last season. At 11-15, New York has matched its win total from last season.
McCarville, who played only 16 minutes due to foul trouble, was 5-of-7 from the field and the only other Liberty player in double figures.
New York led by as many as 18 and was in control late, but Minnesota went on a 9-2 run to pull within 68-66 with 19 seconds to play. Kristen Mann capped the spurt with a 3-pointer off a steal.
Erin Thorn, who committed the turnover that led to Mann's late 3-pointer, redeemed herself by making three free throws in the final 16 seconds to put the game away.
Seimone Augustus scored 17 points and Svetlana Abrosimova added 14 for the Lynx, who had their two-game winning streak snapped.
NEW YORK 71 FINAL
Aug 2 9:38 PM
NEW YORK 55 END, 3RD QTR
Aug 2 9:04 PM
NEW YORK 37 HALFTIME
Aug 2 8:23 PM
NEW YORK 20 END, 1ST QTR
Aug 2 7:57 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27