Sun scorch Fever for fourth straight winAug 5, 2007 - 3:43 AM UNCASVILLE, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Katie Douglas eclipsed the 2,500-point mark and reached the plateau of 300 career 3-pointers as the Connecticut Sun rolled to an 84-59 triumph over the Indiana Fever on Saturday.
Douglas scored 19 points, giving her 2,503 for her career. She also made 3-of-6 attempts from the arc to lead the Sun to victory in front of a record crowd of 9,493 at Mohegan Sun Arena.
The Sun jumped out to a 49-24 lead at halftime after hitting 7-of-8 shots from 3-point range. For the game, the Sun shot 50 percent (32-of-64) from the field and 60 percent (9-of-15) from the arc to extend their winning streak to four games.
Indiana shot just 35.7 percent (25-of-70) from the field and made just one 3-pointer (1-of-12) in the game.
With the win, the Sun (16-12) moved within one game of the second-place Fever (17-11) in the Eastern Conference.
A win would have clinched a playoff spot for Indiana. Despite the loss, the Fever still can qualify for the playoffs on Sunday with a win over the Sacramento Monarchs or a loss to the Washington Mystics by the Chicago Sky.
CONNECTICUT 84 FINAL
Aug 4 8:52 PM
CONNECTICUT 67 END, 3RD QTR
Aug 4 8:27 PM
CONNECTICUT 49 HALFTIME
Aug 4 7:50 PM
CONNECTICUT 24 END, 1ST QTR
Aug 4 7:25 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8