Lennox, Jackson lead Storm over MercuryAug 5, 2007 - 4:32 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Betty Lennox scored 25 points to lead a balanced attack as the Seattle Storm cruised to an 111-101 victory over the Phoenix Mercury on Saturday.
Lauren Jackson had 23 points and 12 rebounds and Iziane Castro Marques added 22 for the Storm, who shot 48 percent (37-of-77) from the field and made 13 of their 3-pointers.
Seattle wasted little time ending its three-game slide with an aggressive 40-17 burst in the first quarter and never looked back. Jackson scored nine points in the period.
Castro Marques was also solid in the opening quarter, draining four of her five 3-pointers in helping Seattle establish a new league record for most points in the first period.
Diana Taurasi scored 28 points and Cappie Pondexter chipped in 24 for Phoenix, which shot 44 percent (33-of-74) and gave up 18 fast-break points.
SEATTLE 111 FINAL
Aug 5 12:13 AM
SEATTLE 81 END, 3RD QTR
Aug 4 11:36 PM
SEATTLE 61 HALFTIME
Aug 4 11:01 PM
SEATTLE 40 END, 1ST QTR
Aug 4 10:36 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14