Augustus, Abrosimova lead Lynx past StormAug 8, 2007 - 2:36 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Seimone Augustus scored 21 points and Svetlana Abrosimova added 20 and seven assists as the Minnesota Lynx coasted to a 95-74 triumph over the shorthanded Seattle Storm on Tuesday night.
Nicole Ohlde collected 16 points and seven rebounds and Kristen Mann chipped in 12 for the Lynx, who shot 47 percent (34-of-72) from the field.
Seattle's output could be traced to the absence of MVP candidate Lauren Jackson, who missed the game due to personal seasons. She leads the WNBA in scoring (23.8) and is second in boards (9.7).
Already holding a 41-31 lead at intermission, Minnesota created more of a cushion in the third quarter behind impressive 66 percent shooting for a 78-55 bulge entering the fourth quarter.
Betty Lennox recorded 16 points and seven rebounds and Wendy Palmer netted 12 for Seattle, which shot 38 percent (27-of-71) and trailed by as many as 28 at one stage.
MINNESOTA 95 FINAL
Aug 7 9:50 PM
MINNESOTA 78 END, 3RD QTR
Aug 7 9:25 PM
MINNESOTA 41 HALFTIME
Aug 7 8:46 PM
MINNESOTA 20 END, 1ST QTR
Aug 7 8:24 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15