Young, Silver Stars use big run to beat MonarchsAug 10, 2007 - 2:43 AM SAN ANTONIO (Ticker) -- Sophia Young scored 19 points as the San Antonio Silver Stars used a third-quarter run to post a 72-61 victory over the Sacramento Monarchs on Thursday.
Shanna Crossley scored 19 points and Becky Hammon added 16 for San Antonio (18-11), which leads Sacramento (17-12) by one game in the Western Conference.
With the game tied at 40-40 with 6:29 left in the third, San Antonio went on a 15-4 run as Sacramento shot just 36 percent (5-of-20) in the decisive period.
A 3-pointer by Crossley capped the run, and Sacramento never got closer than 11 at 64-53 with 6:20 left in the fourth.
Yolanda Griffith scored 15 for the Monarchs, who have lost two of the three meetings between the teams this season.
SAN ANTONIO 72 FINAL
Aug 9 9:54 PM
SAN ANTONIO 55 END, 3RD QTR
Aug 9 9:29 PM
SAN ANTONIO 40 HALFTIME
Aug 9 8:54 PM
SAN ANTONIO 19 END, 1ST QTR
Aug 9 8:27 PM
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Dearica Hamby scores 15 points, Stars beat Storm 59-58 Sep 13
- Stars-Storm Preview Sep 12
- Odyssey Sims scores 27, Shock clinch West's third seed Sep 8
- Stars-Shock Preview Sep 7
- A week to go and the Eastern Conference is still tight Sep 7
- Brittney Griner scores 22 points, Mercury beat Stars 82-52 Sep 5
- Mercury-Stars Preview Sep 5