Lynx beat Silver Stars in season finaleAug 20, 2007 - 12:01 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- The Minnesota Lynx salvaged the final game of their disappointing season, beating the playoff-bound San Antonio Silver Stars, 81-55, on Sunday.
Kristen Mann scored 19 points and Noelle Quinn dished out 14 assists to lead the Lynx, who finished the season with a 10-24 record, tying the Los Angeles Sparks for last place in the Western Conference and the worst record in the WNBA.
Minnesota outscored San Antonio, 30-10, in the third quarter to take a 58-41 lead which it would not relinquish in the final quarter.
The Silver Stars were without the services of leading scorers Becky Hammon and Sophia Young, who were rested by coach Dan Hughes in preparation for the first-round matchup against the reigning Western Conference champion Sacramento Monarchs (19-14).
Rookie Shanna Crosley took advantage of her first start of the season, scoring a game-high 20 points for the Silver Stars.
SAN ANTONIO 55
MINNESOTA 81 FINAL
Aug 19 7:57 PM
SAN ANTONIO 41
MINNESOTA 58 END, 3RD QTR
Aug 19 7:34 PM
SAN ANTONIO 31
MINNESOTA 28 HALFTIME
Aug 19 6:57 PM
SAN ANTONIO 22
MINNESOTA 20 END, 1ST QTR
Aug 19 6:27 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14