D'Orazio comes on to lead Soul past DestroyersApr 22, 2008 - 3:48 AM
D'Orazio completed 15-of-19 passes for 167 yards. He also ran for a four-yard TD early in the third quarter to give the Soul (8-0) a 48-35 lead. D'Orazio came into the game in the second quarter to fill in for injured started Tony Graziani.
Graziani was 11-of-13 for 125 yards and four TDs before leaving the game.
Larry Brackins had nine receptions for 134 yards and three touchdowns and Chris Jackson had seven catches for 64 yards and three TDs for Philadelphia.
Columbus' Matt Nagy was 20-of-34 for 389 yards and seven touchdowns with one interception. C.J. Johnson, Derek Lee and Calvin Russell each had two TD catches for the Destroyers (2-6).
- PHILADELPHIA: 76
Apr 21 10:34 PM
COLUMBUS 55 FINAL
Soul 76, Destroyers 55 FinalApr 21 10:34 PM
COLUMBUS 42 END, 3RD QTR
Soul 62, Destroyers 42 End of 3rdApr 21 9:56 PM
COLUMBUS 35 HALFTIME
Soul 42, Destroyers 35 HalfApr 21 9:13 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 21
End of 1st
Apr 21 8:33 PM
COLUMBUS 21 END, 1ST QTR
Soul 21, Destroyers 21 End of 1stApr 21 8:33 PM
- Soul down SaberCats, claim first Arena title Jul 28
- Eight TDs by D'Orazio lead Soul to first ArenaBowl Jul 12
- Soul QB D'Orazio named Arena MVP Jul 9
- Late-game heroics send Soul to conference finals Jul 5
- Jackson, defense help Soul pound Dragons Jun 22
- Philyaw fuels Gladiators past Destroyers Jun 22
- Soul pick off Gladiators Jun 15
- MacPherson propels Rampage past Destroyers Jun 15
- D'Orazio, Jackson lift Soul past Desperados Jun 8
- Greisen leads Force to sixth straight win Jun 8
- Wimprine vaults VooDoo past Destroyers May 31
- Nagy uses arm, legs to help Destroyers upend Dragons May 24