UC Irvine edges Marist 66-65 in BracketBuster gameFeb 21, 2010 - 3:06 AM IRVINE, Calif.(AP) -- Eric Wise and Darren Moore each recorded a double-double, and UC Irvine edged Marist 66-65 Saturday in a BracketBuster game.
Wise finished with 20 points and 10 rebounds and Moore had 13 points and 12 rebounds for the Anteaters (12-16).
Devin Price scored 18 for the Red Foxes (1-26), who lost their 15th straight.
Zack Atkinson's jumper with 15 second left gave Irvine a 64-62 lead, and Michael Hunter added two free throws with 4 seconds to go after a Marist turnover.
Daye Kaba then hit a 3 at the buzzer for the Red Foxes.
Irvine used a 13-0 run to build a 46-34 advantage with 15:29 to play, but Marist rallied to tie the score at 52 with 7:45 remaining. Neither team led by more than five the rest of the way.
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Gill leads Pacific to victory in Big West Conference final Mar 17
- Anteaters meet Tigers with Big West tourney title on line Mar 16
- UNLV takes down UC Irvine Nov 29
- Anteaters hope to stop slide in clash with Runnin' Rebels Nov 28
- UCLA escapes with OT win over UC Irvine Nov 14
- Bruins and Anteaters meet in Legends Classic Nov 13
- Crabbe paces Cal over UC Irvine Nov 12
- Golden Bears get started against Anteaters Nov 11
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11
- Wayns leads Villanova in rout of Marist Nov 16
- Paul leads No. 13 Illinois over UC Irvine Nov 8