UC Irvine edges Marist 66-65 in BracketBuster gameFeb 21, 2010 - 3:06 AM IRVINE, Calif.(AP) -- Eric Wise and Darren Moore each recorded a double-double, and UC Irvine edged Marist 66-65 Saturday in a BracketBuster game.
Wise finished with 20 points and 10 rebounds and Moore had 13 points and 12 rebounds for the Anteaters (12-16).
Devin Price scored 18 for the Red Foxes (1-26), who lost their 15th straight.
Zack Atkinson's jumper with 15 second left gave Irvine a 64-62 lead, and Michael Hunter added two free throws with 4 seconds to go after a Marist turnover.
Daye Kaba then hit a 3 at the buzzer for the Red Foxes.
Irvine used a 13-0 run to build a 46-34 advantage with 15:29 to play, but Marist rallied to tie the score at 52 with 7:45 remaining. Neither team led by more than five the rest of the way.
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- Anteaters face tall task in clash with undefeated Ducks Dec 17
- UC Irvine coach Turner lands contract extension Nov 7
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Gill leads Pacific to victory in Big West Conference final Mar 17