Columbia beats Brown 65-56Mar 7, 2010 - 2:36 AM PROVIDENCE, R.I.(AP) -- Senior Niko Scott scored 22 points as Columbia defeated Brown 65-56 on Saturday night in both teams' season finale.
Scott shot 6-for-8 from 3-point range and recorded five steals for the Lions (11-17, 5-9), who snapped a two-game losing streak. Noruwa Agho and Max Craig added 10 points apiece, while Mark Cisco grabbed 10 rebounds.
Brown's Matt Mullery nailed a 3-pointer in the second half to cut Columbia's lead to 52-51 with 4:52 remaining in the game, but the Bears were outscored 13-5 the rest of the way. A 6-0 run put the Lions up 58-51, and Brown failed to get any closer than within five points after that.
Garrett Leffelman scored 20 points to pace Brown (11-20, 5-9). Mullery added 19 points, seven rebounds and four blocks.
Columbia outrebounded Brown 45-36 and scored 13 second-chance points, compared to only two by the Bears.
- No. 2 Michigan State holds off Columbia Nov 15
- Lions hit road seeking upset of second-ranked Spartans Nov 15
- Albany extends Brown's contract Aug 29
- Stanford F Brown out for the year Jul 25
- Wolfpack's Brown to enter NBA Draft Mar 28
- UMKC fires Brown Mar 12
- Cooley, No. 22 Notre Dame rout Brown Dec 8
- Irish set sights on Bears Dec 8
- Holy Cross extends head coach Brown Jul 10
- Wolfpack guard Brown has knee surgery Jun 26
- Wolfpack guard Brown to have surgery Jun 24
- Brown to name Mike Martin head coach May 31