Southeastern Louisiana tips Texas St. 79-78 in OTMar 11, 2010 - 5:13 AM KATY, Texas(AP) -- Patrick Sullivan's free throw with 2.3 seconds left lifted Southeastern Louisiana to a 79-78 overtime victory over Texas State in the quarterfinals of the Southland Conference tournament Wednesday night.
Sullivan was fouled on a drive. After missing the front end, he made the second.
Texas State's Cameron Johnson then caught a long inbounds pass but missed a 12-foot jumper at the buzzer.
On Thursday night, the Lions face top-seeded Sam Houston State, which defeated eighth-seeded Nicholls State 62-57.
Southeastern Louisiana (19-11) overcame a 41-24 halftime deficit behind Trent Hutchin, who scored 18 of his team-high 21 points in the second half. Sullivan and Gary Dixon each added 17 points.
Texas State (15-16) was paced by Johnson's 23 points and Ryan White's 17.
After going 2 of 10 on 3-pointers in the first half, Southeastern Louisiana connected on 7 of 10 in the second half.
- TEXAS STATE: 78
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA: 79
Final - OT
Mar 10 11:53 PM
- TEXAS STATE: 41
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA: 24
Mar 10 10:19 PM
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19
- Berggren, Wisconsin down Southeastern Louisiana Nov 11
- No. 23 Wisconsin hosts SE Louisiana in 2012-13 lidlifter Nov 11
- Texas surges past Texas State Dec 11
- Sam Houston State moves to fianls with 88-85 win Mar 12
- SE Louisiana defeats Northwestern State 86-77 Mar 6
- Fortenberry, SE Louisiana edge McNeese State 60-59 Mar 3
- Johnson's 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win Mar 3
- SE Louisiana tops Central Arkansas in OT, 65-60 Feb 27