No. 5 Lady Vols beat Auburn by 20Jan 23, 2011 - 10:51 PM Auburn, AL (Sports Network) - Shekinna Stricklen had 18 points and Glory Johnson scored 16 with 13 rebounds, leading No. 5 Tennessee to a 73-53 victory over Auburn.
Kelley Cain added nine points and 12 rebounds for the Lady Vols (19-2, 7-0 SEC), who have won 10 straight games since losing to Baylor last month.
Auburn (12-8, 5-2) got 13 points apiece from Morgan Toles and Alli Smalley, but had its three-game winning streak snapped.
Tennessee carried a 34-19 lead into halftime and outshot Auburn 43-34 percent for the game, stretching its lead in the all-time series to 34-10.
- Fifth-seeded Louisville downs Lady Vols to earn Final Four berth Apr 2
- Lady Vols vault over Oklahoma in regional semifinals Mar 31
- Bluejays bow to Lady Vols in NCAA Tournament Mar 25
- Lady Vols march on after dominating Oral Roberts Mar 23
- Aggies edge Lady Vols in SEC semifinals Mar 9
- Tennessee dispatches Florida in SEC quarters Mar 8
- Mathies and O'Neill help Kentucky edge Tennessee Mar 3
- Lady Vols top No. 13 Texas A&M to claim SEC crown Feb 28
- Hassell helps No. 9 Georgia hold off Auburn Feb 7
- Missouri's second-half surge hands Tennessee first conference loss Feb 3
- Lady Vols stymie Mississippi State in lopsided win Jan 31
- Diggins leads Notre Dame past Tennessee Jan 28