Wojta powers Green Bay past Wright StateFeb 11, 2012 - 10:37 PM Green Bay, WI (Sports Network) - Julie Wojta may only be six feet tall, but she stood head and shoulders above Wright State on Saturday.
The undersized forward scored 30 points, pulled down 20 rebounds, blocked four shots and added eight steals and five assists for good measure as No. 9 Green Bay took down the Raiders, 64-59, at Kress Events Center.
Megan Lukan chipped in 12 for Green Bay (21-1, 11-1 Horizon), which finished off a three-game homestand with a win after the Phoenix lost for the first time in 41 regular season games on Thursday.
Molly Fox paced the Raiders (16-9, 9-4) with 16 points and 13 boards. Kim Demmings (11 points), Kayla Lamotte (11), and KC Elkins (10) also scored in double figures for Wright State.
Wright State kept it close for much of the game, led by Demmings' nine points in the first half. But Wojta, fresh off winning the Horizon League player of the week award, put the Phoenix on her back, picking up 17 of her points in the half. The senior added six rebounds, three steals, and two blocks in the frame, and Green Bay led 34-29 as the first horn sounded.
Green Bay led throughout the second half. Elkins' three-pointer put Wright State within four, at 47-43, with 12:12 remaining, but Wojta went on a personal 5-0 run and the Raiders never got that close again.
- WRIGHT STATE: 59
WISCONSIN-GREEN BAY: 64
Feb 11 4:50 PM
- WRIGHT STATE: 29
WISCONSIN-GREEN BAY: 34
Feb 11 3:44 PM
- WRIGHT STATE: 0
WISCONSIN-GREEN BAY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 11 3:05 PM
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Green Bay downs UIC, advances to Horizon title game Mar 10
- Detroit shocks unbeaten Green Bay Feb 9
- Green Bay dominates Milwaukee, remains undefeated Feb 4
- Griner and Lady Bears top Green Bay in round of 16 Mar 27
- Green Bay extends win streak, advances to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Green Bay squeaks past Arkansas-Little Rock Mar 20