Storm send Mercury to 7th straight lossAug 17, 2012 - 4:22 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Camille Little scored 17 points on Thursday and the Seattle Storm returned from the WNBA's Olympic break with a 72-58 win over the Phoenix Mercury.
Tanisha Wright added 10 points and eight assists while Shekinna Stricklen scored nine off the bench for the Storm, who have won nine of their last 12 games to reach .500 (10-10).
Sue Bird returned from London after winning her third goal medal and saw limited action in the win, scoring just two points in a little over 10 minutes.
Samantha Prahalis scored 15 points to pace the Mercury, who tied a franchise- high with their seventh consecutive loss. The last time they dropped seven straight was in 2003.
Alexis Hornbuckle finished with 12 points while Diana Taurasi, who averaged a team-high 12.4 points per game for the U.S. in London, sat out with a strained left hip flexor.
The Storm led the entire second half and pushed their advantage to 18 in the runaway fourth quarter.
- Mercury name Brondello head coach Nov 15
- Lynx sweep Mercury, return to WNBA Finals Sep 29
- Whalen, Lynx rout Mercury to take 1-0 lead in West finals Sep 27
- Griner's late bucket sends Mercury to West finals Sep 24
- Augustus helps Lynx sweep Storm Sep 22
- Parker leads Sparks over Mercury Sep 22
- Lynx pull away, top Storm in Game 1 Sep 20
- Taurasi helps Phoenix take Game 1 over LA Sep 20
- Sparks pummel Mercury in playoff preview Sep 15
- Thompson leads Storm past Shock Sep 15
- Taurasi's double-double powers Mercury past Silver Stars Sep 14
- Stricklen leads Storm past Shock Sep 12