Storm send Mercury to 7th straight lossAug 17, 2012 - 4:22 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Camille Little scored 17 points on Thursday and the Seattle Storm returned from the WNBA's Olympic break with a 72-58 win over the Phoenix Mercury.
Tanisha Wright added 10 points and eight assists while Shekinna Stricklen scored nine off the bench for the Storm, who have won nine of their last 12 games to reach .500 (10-10).
Sue Bird returned from London after winning her third goal medal and saw limited action in the win, scoring just two points in a little over 10 minutes.
Samantha Prahalis scored 15 points to pace the Mercury, who tied a franchise- high with their seventh consecutive loss. The last time they dropped seven straight was in 2003.
Alexis Hornbuckle finished with 12 points while Diana Taurasi, who averaged a team-high 12.4 points per game for the U.S. in London, sat out with a strained left hip flexor.
The Storm led the entire second half and pushed their advantage to 18 in the runaway fourth quarter.
- Storm's Jackson to sit out 2013 WNBA season Feb 6
- Storm C Jackson has surgery Jan 9
- Storm G Bird has hip surgery Oct 5
- Augustus, Moore help Lynx advance to West finals Oct 2
- Storm down Lynx in double overtime to even series Oct 1
- Whalen shines as Lynx weather Storm in Game 1 Sep 28
- Mercury win No. 1 pick Sep 26
- Storm down Mercury in regular-season finale Sep 23
- Storm cruises past Silver Stars Sep 22
- Moore shines as Lynx maul Mercury Sep 22
- Mercury's Dupree signs extension Sep 21
- Sparks rout Mercury, clinch West's No. 2 seed Sep 19