Toliver leads balanced attack as Sparks break FeverAug 22, 2012 - 5:17 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Kristi Toliver poured in a team-high 21 points and all five Los Angeles starters scored in double figures as the Sparks knocked off the Indiana Fever, 79-69, at Staples Center on Tuesday.
Candace Parker netted 15 points and grabbed eight rebounds, Nneka Ogwumike had 12 points and ripped down 10 rebounds, DeLisha Milton-Jones chipped in with 12 points and Alana Beard had 10 points for the Sparks, who have won seven consecutive games.
Katie Douglas scored a game-high 22 points and Tamika Catchings added 16 points in defeat for the Fever, who had their two-game winning streak snapped.
Los Angeles got off to a flying start, shooting 52.9 percent in the first quarter. They led by a comfortable 24-11 margin after the first 10 minutes.
Los Angeles led 41-28 at the half, but the Fever made it a game in the third, outscoring the Sparks, 27-21 to cut the deficit to 62-55 after three quarters.
The Sparks grinded it out in the final period and held on for the win. Los Angeles outscored Indiana in the paint, 38-26, and also had the better of the play on the glass, 35-34.
- Catchings, Zellous fuel Fever past Silver Stars in WNBA opener 10:47p
- Indiana's Phillips sidelined with torn meniscus Tue
- Indiana's Davenport sidelined with fractured tibia May 15
- Harding joins Sparks Feb 5
- Catch the Fever: Indiana wins WNBA title Oct 22
- Indiana's Pohlen out with torn ACL Oct 20
- Fever on doorstep of 1st WNBA title Oct 19
- Indiana's Douglas to miss Game 3 of WNBA Finals Oct 19
- Augustus, Lynx even series with Game 2 victory Oct 17
- Catchings, Fever hold off Lynx to take Game 1 Oct 15
- Fever bury Sun to advance to Finals Oct 11
- Zellous lifts Fever over Sun in Game 2 Oct 8