Bird helps Storm hand Lynx their 1st lossJun 18, 2012 - 5:01 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Sue Bird netted 21 points as the Seattle Storm hung on late and handed the defending-champion Minnesota Lynx their first loss of the season with a 65-62 triumph on Sunday.
Tina Thompson, who added 10 points, nailed a huge pair of free throws with a second remaining for the Storm to give them a three-point lead.
Maya Moore poured in 14 points while Seimone Augustus chipped in 12 for the Lynx, who had set a WNBA record for the longest unbeaten start (10-0) to a season.
Minnesota trailed by as many as 17 points in the second frame, but pulled within 63-62 with 1:05 left in the fourth following two Moore free throws.
Moore's three-point attempt as time expired, however, was well off the mark.
- MINNESOTA: 62
Jun 17 11:10 PM
- MINNESOTA: 29
Jun 17 9:56 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 17 9:10 PM
- Lynx waive Adair May 16
- Storm's Jackson to sit out 2013 WNBA season Feb 6
- Lynx re-sign C Adair Feb 1
- Storm C Jackson has surgery Jan 9
- Reeve signs extension with Lynx Dec 6
- Catch the Fever: Indiana wins WNBA title Oct 22
- Fever on doorstep of 1st WNBA title Oct 19
- Augustus, Lynx even series with Game 2 victory Oct 17
- Catchings, Fever hold off Lynx to take Game 1 Oct 15
- Lynx hold off Sparks to return to Finals Oct 7
- Storm G Bird has hip surgery Oct 5
- Moore, Lynx make statement with Game 1 win over Sparks Oct 4