Dickey, Mets down DiamondbacksMay 6, 2012 - 10:27 PM
Dickey (4-1) was vying for his third career shutout but issued a leadoff walk to Gerardo Parra and a run-scoring double to Justin Upton. Tim Byrdak relieved Dickey and retired Jason Kubel on a deep fly ball to left field.
Frank Francisco then entered from the bullpen and struck out Paul Goldschmidt swinging before Miguel Montero flied out to the warning track in right. The first-year Met recorded his seventh save in eight opportunities this season.
New York took two of three from the visiting Diamondbacks, who lost four of five to conclude their road trip with a 5-5 mark.
Dickey scattered four hits, walked four and struck out four. He has won all three of his starts at Citi Field this year.
"I was much more angry about putting [New York manager] Terry [Collins] in a tough spot. I felt like I was good," Dickey said. "A leadoff walk in the ninth. That's my game. I got to land the blame there. I was a little bit upset with that."
Arizona's Trevor Cahill (2-3) allowed three runs on five hits over seven innings to suffer his first road loss since August 30, 2011 at Cleveland.
"I think we're playing pretty good ball, but we're just coming up short," Cahill said.
The Mets plated two runs in the first inning. Andres Torres led off with a walk and moved to third on a one-out single by David Wright, who took second on Parra's throw from center field. Cahill fanned the next batter, but Daniel Murphy scored both men with a single to center.
New York added a run in the fourth when Ike Davis drew a two-out walk and scored on a single by Thole.
New York shortstop Ruben Tejada left the game in the fourth inning with a right quad strain after bunting for a base hit...The Mets have scored 30 runs with two outs over their last 12 games...Game time: 2:16.
- ARIZONA: 1
NEW YORK: 3
May 6 3:29 PM
- Justin Upton doubled to left scoring Gerardo Parra. Runner on second with none out and Jason Kubel due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Mets 3 Top 9, 0 OutsMay 6 3:17 PM
- Josh Thole singled to center scoring Ike Davis. On the play, Justin Turner was tagged out at third from center to third to end the inning.
Diamondbacks 0, Mets 3 End 4May 6 2:15 PM
- Daniel Murphy singled to center scoring Andres Torres and David Wright. Runner on first with two outs and Ike Davis due up.
Diamondbacks 0, Mets 2 Bot 1, 2 OutsMay 6 1:25 PM
- ARIZONA: 0
NEW YORK: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
May 6 1:11 PM
- Mets' Duda out long term with stress fracture in lower back May 23
- Mets-Nationals Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 May 21