Loney and Treanor guide Dodgers past D'BacksMay 22, 2012 - 6:17 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - James Loney and Matt Treanor each smacked two- run home runs as the Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the Arizona Diamondbacks, 6-1, in the opener of a three-game set at Chase Field.
Andre Ethier added a solo homer for the Dodgers, who took their fifth straight victory.
Chris Capuano (6-1) allowed one run on four hits and a walk with five strikeouts through six innings to earn the win.
"It's great. I couldn't be having any more fun playing the game right now," Capuano said about his start to the season.
Patrick Corbin (2-3) suffered the loss despite allowing just two runs on six hits and two walks through 5 1/3 innings.
Aaron Hill knocked in the lone run for Arizona, which lost for the second time in three games.
The Dodgers opened the scoring in the second inning when Treanor pulled a ball into the left-field bleachers. Jerry Sands led off the frame with a base hit prior to Treanor's blast.
Willie Bloomquist then started the fourth inning with a triple into the left- center field gap and came home on Hill's base hit up the middle to get Arizona on the board.
Hill later moved to second with two outs on Chris Young's single, but Capuano snagged a liner back at the mound by Jason Kubel to keep it a 2-1 game.
"He never left anything really out in the middle of the plate and the pitch he did I was able to get some good wood on it. We didn't get a whole lot done off him," Bloomquist said about Capuano.
After the Diamondbacks again failed to push the tying run across the plate in the fifth inning when Bloomquist grounded out to third to strand Paul Goldschmidt on second base, Los Angeles added some cushion in the seventh on Ethier's solo homer to right field.
Justin Sellers then hit an RBI triple in the eighth before Loney followed with a blast over the wall in right to give the Dodgers a 6-1 advantage.
Javy Guerra and Jamey Wright tossed a scoreless eighth and ninth inning, respectively, to seal the win for the Dodgers.
Arizona designated infielder Cody Ransom for assignment and recalled infielder Josh Bell from Triple-A Reno earlier Monday...Los Angeles improved to 24-6 this season when scoring first...Capuano is now 2-1 in five road starts on the year. He also upped his career record to 2-4 in eight games -- seven starts -- against Arizona...Arizona fell to 1-8 in its last nine home games...Arizona catcher Miguel Montero left the game with a mild right groin strain.
- LOS ANGELES: 6
May 22 12:57 AM
- James Loney one-out, two-run Home Run (2) to right scored Justin Sellers. Tony Gwynn Jr. due up.
Dodgers 6, Diamondbacks 1 Top 8, 1 OutMay 22 12:19 AM
- Justin Sellers triple to right scored Ivan De Jesus with one out. Runner on third and James Loney due up.
Dodgers 4, Diamondbacks 1 Top 8, 1 OutMay 22 12:18 AM
- Andre Ethier one-out, solo Home Run (9) to right. Scott Van Slyke due up.
Dodgers 3, Diamondbacks 1 Top 7, 1 OutMay 21 11:54 PM
- Justin Upton flied out to center. Runner on first with one out and Miguel Montero due up.
Dodgers 2, Diamondbacks 1 Bot 4, 1 OutMay 21 10:52 PM
- Matt Treanor one-out, two-run Home Run (1) to left scored Jerry Sands. Justin Sellers due up.
Dodgers 2, Diamondbacks 0 Top 2, 1 OutMay 21 10:05 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 1 Out
May 21 9:41 PM
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Solarte draws bases-loaded BB in 11th, Padres walk off again May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21