Kubel, Hill lead Diamondbacks in rout of RockiesJun 6, 2012 - 6:39 AM
Kubel hit a two-run home run and finished 3-for-5 with five RBI and three runs scored while Hill also went 3-for-5 with a two-run home run for the Diamondbacks, who have won four of six. Ian Kennedy (5-5) gave up just five hits with a walk and tied a career-high with 12 strikeouts over six innings.
"[Kershaw] threw great, obviously we swung the bats well tonight and that makes it for a fun game," said Kubel.
Jeremy Guthrie (3-4) was torched for seven runs on 11 hits over just 3 1/3 innings for the Rockies, who had won seven of eight coming in. Marco Scutaro had two hits in the loss.
"I haven't thrown the ball well. I've been really working on it in between starts but I understand that if there is not improvement there will be changes," Guthrie said.
The Diamondbacks got the only runs they needed in the second inning when Hill hit his sixth home run of the year, a two-run shot to left.
Kubel hit his two-run shot in the third and the Diamondbacks plated three more runs in the fourth.
With two on and one out, Kubel punched a two-run single to center and moved to third on a Miguel Montero single to right. Chris Young then singled for a 7-0 lead.
Gerardo Parra, who went 4-for-5 with three runs scored, hit a leadoff homer in the eighth. Willie Bloomquist then singled and Kubel followed with a triple. Montero's sac fly accounted for the final score.
Colorado had wasted a one-out, bases-loaded opportunity in the second when Guthrie and Dexter Fowler both struck out to end the frame.
Scutaro led off the third with a double, but was stranded there and Colorado had just one runner reach second base for the rest of the game.
Colorado has won four of the seven games with Arizona this season...The Rockies batted 0-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left seven on base...Guthrie has lost three of his last four starts...Kennedy has won his past two starts after losing five in a row...Josh Outman pitches for Colorado in the rubber match on Wednesday while Wade Miley will take the mound for Arizona.
- COLORADO: 0
Jun 6 12:43 AM
- Miguel Montero sacrifice fly to center scored Jason Kubel with one out. None on and Chris Young due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 10 Bot 8, 1 OutJun 6 12:26 AM
- Jason Kubel triple to right scored Willie Bloomquist with none out. Runner on third and Miguel Montero due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 9 Bot 8, 0 OutsJun 6 12:25 AM
- Gerardo Parra lead-off Home Run (4) to right. Willie Bloomquist due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 8 Bot 8, 0 OutsJun 6 12:21 AM
- Chris Young infield single to third scored Jason Kubel with one out. On the play, Miguel Montero advances to second. Runners on first and second and Lyle Overbay due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 7 Bot 4, 1 OutJun 5 11:13 PM
- Miguel Montero singled to right. On the play, Jason Kubel advances to third. Runners on first and third with one out and Chris Young due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 6 Bot 4, 1 OutJun 5 11:11 PM
- Jason Kubel one-out, two-run Home Run (5) to right scored Gerardo Parra. Miguel Montero due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 4 Bot 3, 1 OutJun 5 10:42 PM
- Aaron Hill two-out, two-run Home Run (6) to left scored Lyle Overbay. Ian Kennedy due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 2 Bot 2, 2 OutsJun 5 10:19 PM
- COLORADO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 5 9:40 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Closer Melancon takes first loss as Pirates fall to Rockies May 22
- Adames' first homer caps 4-run 9th as Rockies win 4-1 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 May 21
- Pirates 3B Kang exits with left hand injury after slide May 21