Goldschmidt golden in Diamondbacks' win over RockiesJun 7, 2012 - 5:54 AM
Wade Miley (7-2) pitched a career-high eight innings, allowing just one run on three hits with no walks while striking out five to earn the win.
Aaron Hill and A.J. Pollock each had two hits and drove in a run for Arizona, which has won four of its last five.
Josh Outman (0-2), in his second start of the season, was touched for five runs on seven hits in just three innings to take the loss.
"You name it, and I pretty much did it wrong tonight," Outman said.
Colorado was in a 7-1 stretch before losing the final two games of the series.
Goldschmidt doubled home Ryan Roberts in the first inning to extend his hitting streak to 14, and Pollock knocked in Gerardo Parra in the second when he pushed a payoff pitch into right field for a single.
Chris Young walked to start the home third and raced around to score on Goldschmidt's two-bagger into the left-field corner. Hill and John McDonald added RBI doubles later in the inning, staking Miley to a 5-0 lead.
The Rockies did not have a baserunner until Jason Giambi doubled with one out in the fifth. Giambi later scored on Wilin Rosario's base hit to left, but that was the extent of Colorado's offensive production.
In the seventh, Goldschmidt took Adam Ottavino deep over the right-field wall with an inside-out swing.
"We had a good game today. It was all-around one of our better games," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said.
Goldschmidt is batting .431 during his hitting streak...Miley had his eight- game hitting streak snapped. It was the longest by an Arizona pitcher in club history...The Diamondbacks outhit the Rockies, 28-9 in the final two games of the series.
- COLORADO: 1
Jun 7 12:17 AM
- Paul Goldschmidt lead-off Home Run (7) to right. Miguel Montero due up.
Rockies 1, Diamondbacks 6 Bot 7, 0 OutsJun 6 11:40 PM
- DJ LeMahieu lined out to right to end the inning.
Rockies 1, Diamondbacks 5 Mid 5Jun 6 11:03 PM
- John McDonald double to center scored Aaron Hill with two out. Runner on second and Wade Miley due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 5 Bot 3, 2 OutsJun 6 10:38 PM
- Aaron Hill double to center scored Paul Goldschmidt with one out. Runner on second and Gerardo Parra due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 4 Bot 3, 1 OutJun 6 10:33 PM
- Paul Goldschmidt double to left scored Chris Young with none out. Runner on second and Miguel Montero due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 3 Bot 3, 0 OutsJun 6 10:30 PM
- Ryan Roberts flied out to left to end the inning.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 2 End 2Jun 6 10:18 PM
- Miguel Montero struck out swinging to end the inning.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 1 End 1Jun 6 9:54 PM
- COLORADO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 6 9:43 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Closer Melancon takes first loss as Pirates fall to Rockies May 22
- Adames' first homer caps 4-run 9th as Rockies win 4-1 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 May 21
- Pirates 3B Kang exits with left hand injury after slide May 21