Kubel sends Diamondbacks past Dodgers in 11thSep 1, 2012 - 7:21 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Jason Kubel's solo shot 11th inning lifted the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 4-3 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday.
Aaron Hill went 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI and Chris Johnson tripled and had an RBI for the D-backs, who have won eight in a row against the Dodgers.
"It feels good, especially against a good team that we're trying to catch," said Kubel of his homer.
Brad Bergesen (1-0) tossed two shutout innings to get the win and JJ Putz stranded two in the 11th to pick up his 28th save.
Mark Ellis drove in a pair of runs and Andre Either also knocked in a run for Los Angeles, which has dropped five of six.
"We gave ourselves a chance but we didn't do enough to win the game," said Dodgers manager Don Mattingly. "We just have to keep working."
Matt Guerrier (0-2) was saddled with the loss after giving up Kubel's homer.
Arizona jumped to a 1-0 lead in the second when Johnson tripled to score Miguel Montero.
The D-backs added two more in the fifth when Trevor Cahill singled to score Johnson before coming around on Hill's double.
Los Angeles knotted it up at 3-3 with two in the fifth and one in the sixth.
The Dodgers loaded the bases in the fifth for, Ellis who ripped a single to left to score Luis Cruz and AJ Ellis.
In the sixth Ethier singled to score Matt Kemp.
Kemp, who was running gingerly all game, walked then stole second. Hanley Ramirez followed with a fly ball to right field and Kemp acted as if he was staying at second to draw a throw to the bag and as soon as Justin Upton released it he took off for third and Ethier followed with his base hit.
The D-backs improved to 2-2 in extra-inning games and 11-32 when their starter works six innings or less ... Cahill started for Arizona and gave up three runs on four hits over 5 2/3 innings ... The D-backs have won 12 of their last 15 at Dodgers Stadium ... Aaron Harang started for Los Angeles and last five innings. He gave up three runs on five hits and struck out three.
- ARIZONA: 4
LOS ANGELES: 3
Sep 1 2:01 AM
- Paul Goldschmidt struck out swinging. None on with one out and Justin Upton due up.
Diamondbacks 4, Dodgers 3 Top 11, 1 OutSep 1 1:35 AM
- Andre Ethier single to left scored Matt Kemp with two out. Runner on first and Luis Cruz due up.
Diamondbacks 3, Dodgers 3 Bot 6, 2 OutsSep 1 12:13 AM
- Mark Ellis single to left scored Luis Cruz and A.J. Ellis with two out. On the play, Nick Punto advances to second. Runners on first and second with Shane Victorino due up.
Diamondbacks 3, Dodgers 2 Bot 5, 2 OutsAug 31 11:47 PM
- Aaron Hill double to right center scored Trevor Cahill with two out. Runner on second and Jason Kubel due up.
Diamondbacks 3, Dodgers 0 Top 5, 2 OutsAug 31 11:28 PM
- Trevor Cahill single to center scored Chris Johnson with one out. Runner on first and Chris Young due up.
Diamondbacks 2, Dodgers 0 Top 5, 1 OutAug 31 11:23 PM
- Chris Johnson triple to right scored Miguel Montero with two out. Runner on third and Jake Elmore due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Dodgers 0 Top 2, 2 OutsAug 31 10:32 PM
- ARIZONA: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Aug 31 10:10 PM
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Solarte draws bases-loaded BB in 11th, Padres walk off again May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21