Dempster stays perfect into sixth, Cubs rout BrewersJun 6, 2012 - 3:42 AM
Ryan Dempster (1-3), who took a perfect game into the sixth, got his first win after scattering three hits over seven shutout innings. Dempster struck out three and walked none, and moved to 16-6 lifetime against the Brewers.
David DeJesus drove in one and scored three times while Steve Clevenger and Darwin Barney each had an RBI for the Cubs, who put the brakes on a four-game skid.
Cody Ransom had two hits, while Ryan Braun and Carlos Gomez each had a hit for the Brewers, who lost for the third time in four games.
Yovani Gallardo (4-5) was pegged with the loss after giving up five runs on six hits with 10 strikeouts over six frames.
The Cubs went up 3-0 in the first when Soriano smacked a three-run into the right-field stands. Starlin Castro singled and DeJesus walked to set the table for Soriano, who crushed his ninth homer of the year.
LaHair's leadoff homer in the fourth put Chicago up 4-0. It was his 11th of the year.
The Cubs went up 5-0 in the fifth after a perfectly executed suicide squeeze by DeJesus. With Tony Campana on third, DeJesus pushed a bunt up the first base line to easily score Campana.
A pair of RBI singles from Clevenger and Barney and a walk to Adrian Cardenas with the bases loaded in the eighth made it 8-0 Cubs.
Baker's two-run blast in the ninth capped the scoring.
Chicago snapped an 11-game road losing streak...Dempster snapped an 18-start winless streak...Soriano has at least one homer in each of his last eight series...The Brewers have just one error in their past 14 games...Milwaukee fell to 3-15 this season when it fails to hit a home run...Brewers used a new lineup for the 19th consecutive time this season.
- CHICAGO: 10
Jun 5 10:59 PM
- Bryan LaHair grounded out second to first. None on with two outs and Steve Clevenger due up.
Cubs 10, Brewers 0 Top 9, 2 OutsJun 5 10:52 PM
- Tony Campana grounded out to first to end the inning.
Cubs 8, Brewers 0 Mid 8Jun 5 10:32 PM
- Darwin Barney single to right scored Alfonso Soriano with two out. On the play, Steve Clevenger advances to third. Runners on second and third with two outs and Ian Stewart due up.
Cubs 7, Brewers 0 Top 8, 2 OutsJun 5 10:27 PM
- Steve Clevenger single to center scored David DeJesus with two out. On the play, Alfonso Soriano advances to second. Runners on first and second with two outs and Darwin Barney due up.
Cubs 6, Brewers 0 Top 8, 2 OutsJun 5 10:22 PM
- David DeJesus sacrifice bunt scored Tony Campana with two out. On the play, Starlin Castro advances to second. Runner on second with two outs and Alfonso Soriano due up.
Cubs 5, Brewers 0 Top 5, 2 OutsJun 5 9:26 PM
- Bryan LaHair lead-off Home Run (11) to right. Steve Clevenger due up.
Cubs 4, Brewers 0 Top 4, 0 OutsJun 5 9:06 PM
- Alfonso Soriano one-out, three-run Home Run (9) to right scored Starlin Castro and David DeJesus. Bryan LaHair due up.
Cubs 3, Brewers 0 Top 1, 1 OutJun 5 8:18 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 5 8:11 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Cubs-Cardinals Preview May 23
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- LEADING OFF: Bradley's 26-game hit streak, Braun recovering May 22
- Cubs-Giants Preview May 22
- Cain, Posey lead Giants over Cubs 5-3 May 22
- Lester goes just 2 2/3 innings in Cubs' 5-3 loss to Giants May 21
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21