Parmelee, Twins rout White SoxSep 5, 2012 - 7:11 AM
Ryan Doumit had three hits, including a solo homer, three RBI and three runs scored, while Eduardo Escobar added three RBI and two runs scored for the Twins, who scored a season high in runs to snap a two-game losing streak.
"Balls were flying all over the place, as they always do in this ballpark," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said.
Scott Diamond (11-6) benefited from the offense as he gave up four runs on seven hits with two walks and four strikeouts over five innings to get the win.
DeWayne Wise hit a pair of doubles, drove in two and scored once for Chicago, which has lost six of their last eight. Jose Quintana (5-4) gave up seven runs on five hits with two walks in just 1 1/3 innings in the loss.
"This is just one of those, we'll forget this one and play tomorrow," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said.
Chicago stayed a game ahead of Detroit, which lost to Cleveland on Tuesday, for first place in the AL Central.
Chicago took the initial lead of the game in the first inning on a run-scoring groundout by Paul Konerko, followed by an RBI single from Alex Rios and a run- scoring double by Dayan Viciedo, but Minnesota answered in the second.
The team loaded the bases with one out and got its first run on a walk by Trevor Plouffe. Escobar then singled home two and Ben Revere and Jamey Carroll followed with RBI singles. An RBI single by Joe Mauer after Dylan Axelrod took the mound preceded a sacrifice fly by Josh Willingham for a 7-3 lead.
An RBI double by Alexei Ramirez in the fourth got the White Sox within three, but the Twins again answered with a monster inning.
With runners on the corners, Leyson Septimo took the mound and Parmelee greeted him with a run-scoring groundout. Philip Humber then took over and it all went downhill from there for Chicago.
Plouffe tripled in Doumit and scored himself on an Escobar single. Revere then singled to put men on the corners and a sac fly from Carroll scored another run. After Mauer walked, Willingham brought in one with a single and Justin Morneau followed with a walk to load the bases. Doumit's two-run single came right before Parmelee blasted a three-run shot over the wall in center for a 17-4 lead.
Doumit's solo homer in the seventh made it a 14-run game, before the White Sox made it more respectable in the eighth.
Four straight doubles from Dan Johnson, Wise, Ray Olmedo and Tyler Flowers scored three runs, while Alejandro De Aza doubled later in the inning to make it a 10-run game.
Wise's RBI double in the ninth accounted for the final score.
Chicago set a franchise record in the game with 10 doubles ... Minnesota had 17 hits in the game and batted 9-for-14 with runners in scoring position ... Despite the loss, Chicago has still won 10 of 14 games against Minnesota this season ... It was the most runs given up by Chicago this season.
- MINNESOTA: 18
Sep 4 11:38 PM
- Alejandro De Aza doubled to right scoring Tyler Flowers with two outs. Runner on second and Orlando Hudson due up.
Twins 18, White Sox 8 Bot 8, 2 OutsSep 4 11:18 PM
- Tyler Flowers doubled to left center scoring Ray Olmedo with one out. Runner on second and Jordan Danks due up.
Twins 18, White Sox 7 Bot 8, 1 OutSep 4 11:12 PM
- Ray Olmedo doubled to right scoring DeWayne Wise with one out. Runner on second and Tyler Flowers due up.
Twins 18, White Sox 6 Bot 8, 1 OutSep 4 11:10 PM
- DeWayne Wise doubled to right scoring Dan Johnson with one out. Runner on second and Ray Olmedo due up.
Twins 18, White Sox 5 Bot 8, 1 OutSep 4 11:10 PM
- Ryan Doumit two-out, solo Home Run (15) to center. Chris Parmelee due up.
Twins 18, White Sox 4 Top 7, 2 OutsSep 4 10:49 PM
- Chris Parmelee two-out, three-run Home Run (5) to center scored Justin Morneau and Ryan Doumit. Trevor Plouffe due up.
Twins 17, White Sox 4 Top 5, 2 OutsSep 4 10:14 PM
- Ryan Doumit singled to left scoring Joe Mauer and Josh Willingham with two out. On the play, Justin Morneau advances to second. Runners on first and second and Chris Parmelee due up.
Twins 14, White Sox 4 Top 5, 2 OutsSep 4 10:14 PM
- Jamey Carroll sacrifice fly out to right scoring Eduardo Escobar with two outs. Runner on first and Joe Mauer due up.
Twins 11, White Sox 4 Top 5, 2 OutsSep 4 10:04 PM
- Eduardo Escobar singled to right scoring Trevor Plouffe with one out. Runner on first and Ben Revere due up.
Twins 10, White Sox 4 Top 5, 1 OutSep 4 10:00 PM
- Trevor Plouffe tripled to right center scoring Ryan Doumit with one out. Runner on third and Eduardo Escobar due up.
Twins 9, White Sox 4 Top 5, 1 OutSep 4 9:58 PM
- Chris Parmelee grounded out third to first scoring Justin Morneau with one out. On the play, Ryan Doumit advances to second. Runner on second and Trevor Plouffe due up.
Twins 8, White Sox 4 Top 5, 1 OutSep 4 9:52 PM
- Alexei Ramirez doubled to left scoring Dayan Viciedo with one out. Runner on second and Tyler Flowers due up.
Twins 7, White Sox 4 Bot 4, 1 OutSep 4 9:37 PM
- Josh Willingham sacrifice fly out to center scoring Jamey Carroll with two outs. Runner on first and Justin Morneau due up.
Twins 7, White Sox 3 Top 2, 2 OutsSep 4 9:02 PM
- Joe Mauer singled to right scoring Ben Revere with one out. On the play, Jamey Carroll advances to third. Runners on first and third and Josh Willingham due up.
Twins 6, White Sox 3 Top 2, 1 OutSep 4 9:01 PM
- Jamey Carroll singled to left scoring Eduardo Escobar with one out. On the play, Ben Revere advances to second. Runners on first and second and Joe Mauer due up.
Twins 5, White Sox 3 Top 2, 1 OutSep 4 9:01 PM
- Ben Revere singled to short scoring Trevor Plouffe with one out. On the play, Eduardo Escobar advances to third. Runners on first and third and Jamey Carroll due up.
Twins 4, White Sox 3 Top 2, 1 OutSep 4 9:01 PM
- Eduardo Escobar singled to center scoring Justin Morneau and Chris Parmelee with one out. On the play, Trevor Plouffe advances to second. Runners on first and second and Ben Revere due up.
Twins 3, White Sox 3 Top 2, 1 OutSep 4 9:01 PM
- Trevor Plouffe walked Josh Willingham scored on the play. Bases loaded with one out and Eduardo Escobar due up.
Twins 1, White Sox 3 Top 2, 1 OutSep 4 8:54 PM
- Alexei Ramirez flied out to left to end the inning.
Twins 0, White Sox 3 End 1Sep 4 8:32 PM
- Alex Rios singled to right scoring Adam Dunn with two outs. Runner on first and Dayan Viciedo due up.
Twins 0, White Sox 2 Bot 1, 2 OutsSep 4 8:29 PM
- Paul Konerko grounded out short to short scoring Kevin Youkilis with two outs. On the play, Adam Dunn advances to third. Runner on third and Alex Rios due up.
Twins 0, White Sox 1 Bot 1, 2 OutsSep 4 8:26 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Sep 4 8:10 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Indians-White Sox Preview May 23
- Indians' Joba Chamberlain (chest muscle) on disabled list May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Royals-Twins Preview May 22
- Ventura steps up, but Royals fall short, 3-2 May 22
- White Sox beat Royals 3-2 to avoid sweep May 22
- Hughes drops to 1-7 as Twins lose to Blue Jays 3-1 May 22
- Bautista, Donaldson homers propel Blue Jays over Twins 3-1 May 22
- White Sox beat Royals 3-2 to avoid sweep May 22
- Blue Jays manager Gibbons ejected for 4th time this season May 22