Bogusevic lifts Astros to first opening-series win since 2006Apr 8, 2012 - 11:29 PM
Jose Altuve had two hits and scored two runs for Houston, which took two out of three games in the series.
Bud Norris (1-0) struck out eight batters and allowed two runs on four hits and three walks in seven innings.
"Getting off to a 2-1 start is huge for us. ...Every day we've been working hard and it's paying off," Norris said.
Wilin Rosario smacked a two-run home run for Colorado. Rex Brothers (0-1) began the eighth and allowed three hits and two runs -- none earned -- in 2/3 of an inning.
Juan Nicasio, making his first start since suffering a fractured skull and broken neck on August 5 when Ian Desmond's line drive struck him in the head, allowed one run on five hits and one walk in seven innings.
Trailing 2-1 entering the home half of the eighth, the Astros rallied with a pair of two-out runs to take a 3-2 lead.
Altuve and J.D. Martinez slapped back-to-back singles and Carlos Lee followed with a broken-bat grounder to third base, but Jordan Pacheco skipped his throw to first, plating Altuve to tie the game.
"Because of our inability to do anything more offensively than the one swing that Wilin Rosario took, we put ourselves in a position where any little mistake that gets made is going to be magnified and potentially cost you the game, and that's exactly what happened," Rockies manager Jim Tracy said.
Bogusevic came up next and slapped a base hit through the hole on the right side to bring home Brian Bixler, who came on to pinch run for Martinez.
The Rockies struck first with a pair of runs in the top of the fourth. Jason Giambi drew a one-out walk and two batters later, Rosario launched a towering two-run homer off the facade in left-center field.
The Astros got a run back in the home fourth to make it a 2-1 game. Altuve led off the frame with a triple to right field. After Martinez struck out swinging, Lee scorched a double into the left-center field gap to bring home Altuve.
Bogusevic's RBI off of Brothers in the eighth was his first career run batted in against a left-handed pitcher...Myers' save was his first since Sep. 27, 2007...Houston claimed outfielder Justin Maxwell off waivers from the New York Yankees on Sunday.
- COLORADO: 2
Apr 8 4:52 PM
- Brian Bogusevic single to right scored Brian Bixler. On the play, Carlos Lee advances to third. Runners on first and third with two outs and Chris Johnson due up.
Rockies 2, Astros 3 Bot 8, 2 OutsApr 8 4:37 PM
- Carlos Lee reached first on Jordan Pacheco's thowing error, advances to second on Jordan Pacheco's error. On the play, Brian Bixler advances to third on Jordan Pacheco's error Jose Altuve scored on Jordan Pacheco's error. Runners on second and third with two outs and Brian Bogusevic due up.
Rockies 2, Astros 2 Bot 8, 2 OutsApr 8 4:36 PM
- Brian Bogusevic lined out to center. Runner on second with two outs and Chris Johnson due up.
Rockies 2, Astros 1 Bot 4, 2 OutsApr 8 3:11 PM
- Wilin Rosario two-out, two-run Home Run (1) to left center scored Jason Giambi. Jonathan Herrera due up.
Rockies 2, Astros 0 Top 4, 2 OutsApr 8 3:00 PM
- COLORADO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 8 2:07 PM
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22
- Closer Melancon takes first loss as Pirates fall to Rockies May 22
- Adames' first homer caps 4-run 9th as Rockies win 4-1 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rangers-Astros Preview May 21
- Andrus, Ramos lead Rangers over Astros 2-1 May 21
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21